Our Areas of Practice
We help individuals and business navigate the buying, selling, leasing, or developing of real estate with respect to property, including land, buildings, and other structures.
- house sale & purchase
- vacant land sale & purchase
- development property
- commercial property
We support business owners, entrepreneurs, or corporate entities with a wide range of legal matters that arise in the course of conducting business, such as contracts, commercial transactions, intellectual property, and employment law.
- contracts and leases
- purchase and sale
FOREST & FISHERY
Forest and fishery law are areas of law that govern the management, use, and protection of natural resources such as forests, fisheries, and wildlife.
- forestry land acquisition & sale
- fishing license & quota purchase & sale
vessels, equipment & plants
About Ivo Winter
Ivo was born and raised in Nova Scotia. He studied law in Halifax and Europe.
- One of the regions senior and most experienced real-estate lawyers with over 30 years of experience.
- Successfully closed hundreds of millions in business.
- Served as a long time member of the Real Estate Standards Committee of the Nova Scotia Barrister's Society
- Served as Co-Chair of the Real Estate Practice Task Force and the Qualifications Committee of the Nova Scotia Barrister's Society.
- Served as Regional Director and as the Director of Commercial Business Development for First Canadian Title, Canada's leading title insurer.
- Represented the region on Bar Council for many years and was regional council representative with the Canadian Bar Association.
- Served as Federal Prosecutor, Small Claims Court Adjudicator and Vice Chair of the Worker's Compensation Appeal Board.
We are a transactional based office and have completed purchase and sale of houses, cottages, vacant land, factories, assembly lines, farms, office buildings, restaurants, hotels, bulk purchases of land, fish plants, fishing licenses, fish quotas, aircraft, boats, investment properties and fine art; including statuary and old master paintings.
Willing to Travel
We travel extensively to finalize transactions and to bring parties together. We have important contacts in industry, government, and the legal community. We have assembled legal teams to complete complicated transactions and all manner of legal proceedings.